10 Ways to Prep for Your Festival Weekend
Whether it’s your first year attending the New Hampshire Film Festival or you’re a veteran, there are a few things you can do to make your weekend that much better. Here are some tips from the NHFF team to help you plan for your festival weekend:
- Know Your Parking Options – Finding parking in Portsmouth can be difficult on any given day, nevermind on one of the busiest weekends of the year. There are a variety of free and paid parking options in downtown – some that you may not know about.
- Early Bird Gets the Worm – You won’t be the only one excited to attend some screenings! Our advice? Arrive to screening venues 30 minutes early to secure a spot in line for your seat. Or better yet, purchase a VIP Pass. This allows you to get into the film 15 minutes early of other pass holders to select a seat.
- Make the Most of the Time You Have, Get a Day Pass – Can’t stay for the full four-days of NHFF? Join us anyways! Purchase a one day pass for the day of your choice.
- Strategize Your Weekend Schedule – With so many films and only so much time, it can be hard to catch it all! Take advantage of the film schedule when it’s live and plot your weekend ahead of time.
- Make Reservations – Portsmouth will be packed with Film Festival goers – and so won’t its restaurants! Check out this helpful article for the inside scoop on where to get the best deals on food and drinks in Portsmouth. If they don’t take reservations, do call ahead day-of to help cut down on your waiting time.
- Dress in Layers – The weather in New England is known to be very unpredictable. Layer up to make sure you’ll be comfortable on a brisk fall day – you’re going to be spending plenty of time in, and outdoors.
- Wear the Right Shoes – With so many events to attend, you may find yourself walking more than you’d expect. Do yourself a favor and wear some shoes that will be forgiving of all of the walking you’ll do around Portsmouth.
- Extra, extra! Don’t Miss the Press Conferences and Panels – Screenings aren’t the only events you’ll want to attend. Check the schedule for press conferences and panels – you’ll have the opportunity to hear behind the scenes information, and to ask the filmmakers and actors questions.
- Pack a Camera to Capture Your NHFF Moments – It’s an exciting weekend in Portsmouth – don’t forget to capture the magic to relive the weekend later. There’s no knowing who you’ll bump into, be sure to have that camera handy!
- Get the Scoop – When the big weekend arrives, be sure to pick up your official 2016 NHFF program at one of our venues. It has the answers to all your questions and will be your best tool to help you navigate the weekend.